PCOD/PCOS diet plan and Indian food
PCOD/PCOS is one of the most common health conditions caused because of an imbalance of hormones seen especially among women of reproductive age. It has been linked to insulin as most of the women with PCOD/PCOS have high insulin levels causing the ovaries produce more male hormones. Experts feel that there is still more research to be done to find the exact cause of PCOS but genetics might be an important factor. Here let us talk about PCOD/PCOS diet plan and Indian food.
It has been found that a bad lifestyle, which includes lack of exercise and consumption of junk food, be the reason for causing PCOD/PCOS
Experts also say that if we follow a homemade PCOD/PCOS diet plan and Indian food we can reverse this disease. There are certain simple steps which you need to take seriously if you wish to stay away from PCOD/PCOS. The first step to it is to reduce weight. You must have read a lot of ways to do it and must be knowing everything about weight loss but the question is, Have you been able to lose weight? If the answer is NO then please follow these tips.PCOD/PCOS diet plan and Indian food follow these tips Photo by bady abbas on Unsplash
These lifestyle changes can help reverse PCOS/PCOD and help control weight
- Stop using refined oils in cooking. Try roasting, boiling and other ways in place of frying.
- Consuming a big salad plate with easily available cucumbers and tomatoes can help you eat less cooked food and cut down calories.
- Try to have a bowl of boiled vegetables with a dash of lemon or vinegar in dinner. Fiber helps you keep full for a long period and increase satiety.
- Add acetic acid in the form of vinegar to your meals as it helps the body to burn fat naturally. You can add apple cider vinegar to your daily diet. You can add 1 or 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water or add to a glass of fruit juice and drink.
- If you are suffering from PCOD/PCOS, stop alcohol and move to homemade lime soda or any kind of alcohol and sugar free drinks . Hey, how about some Jaljeera with lime and soda with ice. Believe me it is the best way to stay cool in summers.
- Enjoy a good lunch and keep dinner as light as possible.
- Consume green/herbal tea and fruit infused water daily minimum 4-5 cups. Keeping yourself hydrated will keep your weight under control.
- Cut rice and wheat during dinner and if you want, you can add millets and quinoa to your salads.
- More than 50 grams of green leafy vegetables daily in any form is a must to help with fat loss.
- Minimum of two to three servings of fruits daily is recommended to keep a control over calories yet stay good with nutrition.
- STOP EATING JUNK FOOD. Even one meal of highly processed food can terribly affect inflammation.
- Stop Smoking in all forms, including passive one.
- To be away from PCOD/PCOS , you need to go for a slow and steady lifestyle change. PCOD/PCOS cannot be cured with any kind of temporary weight loss diet .
- Stop or at least control your daily dairy consumption.
- Try to be a vegetarian if not vegan.
- Walk minimum 30-40 minutes daily.
- Start your day with spearmint tea. It is the most effective tea to control PCOD/PCOS. It is anti-androgenic thus helps in dealing with PCOD/PCOS.Know how to prepare Spearmint tea:
Boil 1 cup of water. Add a tsp of dried spearmint leaves then let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Then strain and drink it. You must consume spearmint tea twice a day for a few weeks in order to get the best benefit.
- In place of white rice, use brown rice.
- Include Cinnamon in daily meals as it helps in regulating menstrual cycle and insulin resistance in women with PCOD/PCOS. You can simply sprinkle it on your soup, salad or breakfast bowl. Experts advice taking NOT more than 2 tsps of it daily.
- Add flaxseeds to meals because they can help fight PCOS by decreasing androgen levels. Not only that, flaxseeds are high in fibre and help to lower cholesterol levels. Add on is that they are rich in omega 3 too. Start with adding ground flaxseeds to soups, smoothies, salads and broths.
- Add fenugreek seeds to daily diet after soaking them in water for 6-8 hours. Take one teaspoon of the soaked seeds empty stomach in the morning, before lunch and one before dinner. Keep doing this until you feel better. You can also add sprouted fenugreek seeds and fenugreek greens in your diet.
These tips are based on personal experiences so the results may differ for every individual but there are no side effects seen after using these tips. Try to check if these work for you too.